This is a short post of the build environment and tools that I have been using to experiment with and hack the Devo7e. With these tools, we can recover from permanently bricking the transmitter (most of the time).
A quick list to make everything easy to find:
- Walkera Dfuse Upgrade Tool (Linked on deviationtx.com)
- Deviation Uploader (Download from deviationtx.com)
- Docker (docker.com)
MWM’s Deviation Docker image (Link to forum post)
- PhracturedBlue’s Docker build environment container (Link to wiki)
- PhracturedBlue’s Devo7e bootloaders (Stock 128K and Upgraded 256K)
- Git client (I use SourceTree but any client will do)
- STM32 ST-LINK Utility (STSW-LINK004)
- ST-LINK/V2 in-circuit debugger/programmer (ST original or Clone)
- ST-LINK USB Driver (STSW-LINK009)
Everything above except Docker and Deviation Uploader requires a Microsoft Windows environment. In my case I run a Windows 10 Virtual Machine on OS X.